60sflowerchildredux

The inner workings of the sophisticated and complex mind of a babyboomer who became a hippie/flowerchild, then became a soldier, and is now a patriot fighting for truth and justice! ;-) Animals, life, politics, religion, science, and whatever else might be on my mind!

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Great Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend. My birthday was Saturday and, of course, I am still the magical 21! I thought about where my life has led me and all the roads I took. I am satisfied with how my life has played out so far and look forward to the rest of what's left of it.

Bill had to work on Saturday so we decided to "celebrate" on Sunday since he would not have to work. Sunday was a beautiful day. We decided to go out "early" to eat at Red Lobster -- I hadn't been to a Red Lobster for years and began salivating just at the thought of seafood -- lobster, scallops, jumbo shrimp.

We had a wonderful meal -- mine was the ultimate platter or something like that with lobster, scallops and jumbo shrimp, a great garden salad, cheddar bacon biscuits (they didn't have hushpuppies), and wild rice. Bill had essentially the same except his meal had crab instead of scallops. Fortunately, we both had enough for take-home.

It was beautiful here over the weekend -- temps in the 60s (my true "comfort zone) and just a nice leisurely day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home