60sflowerchildredux

The inner workings of the sophisticated and complex mind of a babyboomer who became a hippie/flowerchild, then became a soldier, and is now a patriot fighting for truth and justice! ;-) Animals, life, politics, religion, science, and whatever else might be on my mind!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Obstruction of Justice?

Holy smokes! I just finished reading this article from the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/18/washington/18wire-bush.html?hp&ex=1153281600&en=f96fa57d4a3f264d&ei=5094&partner=homepage.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, but does this mean what I think it does? The Justice Department was going to investigate the legality of the spying on Americans and Bush personally prevented it from happening? WHY? Was he concerned about its legality? My gut instinct tells me they are hiding a hell of a lot more than we've found about and it isn't pretty.

To quote Yoggi Berra "It's deja vu all over again." Remember when the Taliban offered to turn OBL over if they could see the evidence and he refused? Remember when he blocked an investigation into 9-11? How can we find the weaknesses in our national security if we don't find out WHY it happened in the first place?

Isn't this obstruction of justice? Why does Specter keep kissing Bush's ass? I thought the committees had the right to issue subpoenas? Why don't they subpoena every one single stinkin' one of them and demand answers? Why they just ignore the rule of law? Can I ignore the rule of law the next time I disagree with a law?

I truly hope the ACLU latches on to this one (I know they've been busy for the last 5 years), but what's a few more lawsuits?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home